Award Show & Events Writer
Wendy Shanker has served as the head scriptwriter for major live events like Glamour’s star-studded Women of the Year Awards Awards and Summit, The National Magazine Awards and the GLAAD Media Awards, crafting remarks with/for everyone from Oscar winners to CEOs to Olympians to Presidents (and even cooler, First Ladies). Other recent credits include:
- Madonna’s Raising Malawi Benefit at Art Basel
- International Center of Photography Infinity Awards
- Toys”R”Us Children’s Fund Gala
- GLSEN Respect Awards
- Parsons Fashion Benefit
- Glamour x The Girl Project International Day of the Girl Celebration
- Glamour’s College Women of the Year Awards
- The New York Stem Cell Foundation Gala & Science Fair
- ADCOLOR Awards
- Industry Conference
- Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic
- Anthology Film Archives Annual Benefit
- Product of the Year Awards
Awards shows and events including Conferences (with panel discussions and breakout sessions), Summits, Sales Presentations and team building seminars are additional specialties. Years of experience working with a variety of clients have given Wendy a very specific skill set: she’s able to capture a speaker’s voice and present that person’s message in a way that is authentic, interesting and memorable.
Wendy also works closely with a variety of clients on speeches, everything from presenter remarks, toasts, commencement adresses, TED-style talks and keynotes. In addition to scripting the speech, Wendy can also consult on graphic support, branding and media/performance coaching.
Wendy has cultivated or scripted several speeches for clients that have gone viral, seen by millions of people.