Award Show & Events Writer
Wendy has served as the head writer for major live and livestreamed events including The Glamour Women of the Year Awards, ELLE Women in Hollywood, The National Magazine Awards and the GLAAD Media Awards, developing creative and crafting remarks with/for everyone from Oscar winners to CEOs to Olympians to activists.
Recent projects include:
- The Grammys
- The iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Beautycon Festival
- “Pretty Big Deal” with Ashley Graham (podcast)
- TED Talks
- MAKERS Conference
- Madonna’s Raising Malawi Benefit at Art Basel
- International Center of Photography Infinity Awards
- Toys”R”Us Children’s Fund Gala
- GLSEN Respect Awards
- Parsons Fashion Benefit
- Glamour x The Girl Project International Day of the Girl Celebration
- Glamour’s College Women of the Year Awards
- The New York Stem Cell Foundation Gala & Science Fair
- ADCOLOR Awards
- ADCOLOR Conference
- Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic
- Anthology Film Archives Annual Benefit
- Product of the Year Awards
- HBO Max “Homeschool Musical: Class of 2020
- “Feelin’ A-Live: Fast Times at Ridgemont High” virtual table read for CORE
- iHeart Radio “Can’t Cancel Pride”
- Pride Live’s “Stonewall Day”
- The Meteor’s “Night of Solidarity”
- Alicia Keys on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert”
Awards shows and events including Conferences (with panel discussions and breakout sessions), Summits, Sales Presentations and team building seminars are additional specialties. Years of experience working with a variety of clients have given Wendy a very specific skill set: she’s able to capture a speaker’s voice and present that person’s message in a way that is authentic, interesting and memorable.
Wendy also works closely with a variety of clients on speeches, everything from presenter remarks, toasts, commencement adresses, TED-style talks and keynotes. In addition to scripting the speech, Wendy can also consult on graphic support, branding and media/performance coaching.
Wendy has cultivated or scripted several speeches for clients that have gone viral, seen by millions of people.